Monday, September 19, 2011

CT Trip - Post 4

Well it has been a busy couple of days.  We are currently in New York City on the 31st floor of a high rise in Manhattan, overlooking the beautiful city.  We are a few blocks from Central Park and a block away from Julliard.  With several other attractions within walking distance.  I am not at all a big city girl so this has been a little stressful for me. It is such an experience though. I couldn't pass up "living it up" with one of our best friends who has lived in NYC for 10+ years. This is the first opportunity in the past 10 years that we have been able to travel and stay with Andy in New York. He graciously invited us to come on Saturday night at the wedding of two of our other best friends, Justin & Jennifer Bartlett. 

View from Andy's terrace.

I'm going to recap the last few days and then post a few pictures.  I have over 300+ pictures from the past few days. I'm not sure how to pick out my favorite few, but I'll do my best. 

On Friday, we chilled in the morning; slept in a bit. Then, Michael did his best man duties and headed off to run errands with Justin. I stayed at the hotel and napped and cuddled the cutest baby in the world. At lunch time, Andy and I went to a nearby Asian restaurant and had a tasty meal. Next we were off to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Michael and I got a funny look into the future of what Cora may be like when she is the bride.  Jennifer was in control of the rehearsal, she knew just what she wanted to happen and just how to practice it with everyone. The rehearsal dinner was at an awesome Thai restaurant. We got to have awesome Thai iced tea and Thai beer, appetizers galore and my favorite meal was the Thai curry chicken. Justin and Jennifer gave a great toast; Justin was actually speechless which I have personally never seen. They gave very heartfelt gifts to the wedding party.


The Wedding Site

Saturday was the big day! The preparations started at mid-day. The boys got dressed and ready. I helped out with the shirt ironing! When everyone was dressed and ready, the boys headed off to the site. They setup a few things and then got to enjoy a drink before the ceremony. Everything seem to go off without a hitch. Frank, Justin, and Jennifer wrote the "script" for the wedding and it was truly beautiful. The reception and dinner were remarkable as well. Jennifer arranged for one of her cousins to watch Liam. So, Michael and I got to fully enjoy everything. Michael, Andy, Jennifer's dad and sisters all gave toasts that were wonderful, touching and a little embarrassing. Then, we got to eat a great meal and dance the night away. What a fantastic night with our best friends whom we have shared so many happy and sad moments with. We are truly blessed to have them in our lives.

The Bride & Groom

Us all dressed up!

The Three Amigos!

Us with the little man!

Our little charmer


No comments:

Post a Comment