Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Very Blessed Day

Today we welcomed our fourth child into the world.  Liam Fox Dwyer was born at 10:41 a.m.after a very short and eventful labor.  He weighed 7 lbs 8 ozs and 22 inches.  I need to keep this first blog short, so I will give some more details about the day's events in tomorrow's blog.  We have lots of pictures and videos I want to share with everyone.

Today is also Ash Wednesday, my lenton resolution this year is to blog everyday about the blessings in my life.  Some will be happy blessings, and some may be blessings in disquise.  Our church has emphasized that during lent we do not have to "give up" something, but we can also devote ourselves during this time to bettering ourselves by doing certain actions, such as praying more.  I would like to approach this blog during lent as a form of prayer where I share my blessings with the world.  

I want to thank God today for the blessing of my wonderful family and friends.  I have a wonderful husband, who puts up with everything I dish out.  I have four beautiful, healthly, unique and awesome children.  My parents and parents-in-law, are the most supportive family I can imagine.  My sister is an awesome role model as a mother and wife, and is amazing in so many ways.  My neices and nephews are all blessing in so many ways it is hard to put into a short blog, but they are all near and dear to my heart.  I also have been blessed with awesome friends, in-laws, and extended family.  I could go on and on about all of the wonderful people in my life, but I will stop now in an effort to not make this the longest blog ever.  I'm sure over the next 40 days I will get to talk about all of these great people in more detail. 

It is technically after midnight when I am making this first post, but I will give myself a little break on posting a few minutes late the first day of lent.  I did after all deliver a beautiful baby boy today!

My prayer of blessing for the day:  Lord, thank you so much for the blessing of all of the wonderful people in my life.  They are truly wonderful, and make everyday worth living to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment