Sunday, June 5, 2011

Discovery Center Trip - 5/17

I forgot to post about this great day!  I got to go with Henry's class to the Discover Center.  Staff from the center visit the classroom for 7 weeks to teach them cool science things.  At the end of the seven weeks the kids all go together to the center on a field trip.  I got the privilege to drive my minivan with five of the boys, Henry, Wes, Alex, Cameron, and Gino.  Then at the center all of the 2nd grade boys got to be with me.  Luckily, there are only four of them and they are all very well behaved.  We had lots of fun playing at the museum.  This year they even convinced me to be the parent that rode on the high wire bike.  It was fun,  but scary, I got out there and did it.  If I ever do it again, I think I will be more adventurous. 

Wes, Henry, and Cameron playing with the spinning wheel thing, notice the
newsman and Einstein look-a-like in the background, they were shooting a story.

 The air canon - Mommy got a blast from a worker,
while I had my head inside trying to figure out what it was.

Fridge magnet tunnels, the boys had a blast creating pathways for the metal
ball to travel.  They spent more time here than anywhere else in the center.

Mommy on the high wire bike!

We also got to do a fun DNA extraction experiment that was a lot of fun for the boys.  It almost made us late to the high wire bike event.  The high wire bike was three stories up, and the bike is on a high wire with a 300 lb counterweight.  It stays on the wire as long as the rider is less than three hundred pounds.  It was fun to ride, and I wasn't too scared, until I looked down and saw all of the school kids underneath me through the net.  Then I got a little bit nervous about the whole thing coming down.  Luckily, it didn't even budge.  It was fun, and know I can boast about being brave enough to get on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment